Class 10th Board Examination of with effect from academic year 2017-2018
Highlights of the CBSE circular dated 31.01.17
- No Semester System: Board exams will take place at end of the year.
- 100% Syllabus: No division of syllabus for SA I and SA II. Full syllabus exam once at the end of the session.
- Marks will be awarded: Like class XII 9 Point Scale will be used for grades and also marks will be awarded.
- 80 Marks Exams: Now board exam will be of 80 Maximum marks for all subjects.
- 33% passing marks: Now students have to score 27 or more to out of 80 to clear the exam for each subject.
- 20 Marks Internal Assessment: Formative Assessment is discontinued.
- Periodic Tests: 10 Marks of Internal Assessment are from periodic tests. Total 3 tests will be conducted in an academic year for each subject. Average of best two will counted in Internal Assessment out of 10 marks.
- Notebook Submission: 5 Marks of Internal Assessment are from notebook completed and checked, for each subject.
- Subject Enrichment Activities: 5 Marks of Internal Assessment Subject Enrichment Activities, as follows:
Language 1 (English) – ASL
Language 2 (Hindi/Punjabi) – ASL
Science – Practical Lab Work
Maths – Maths Lab practical
Social Science – Map and Project.
FIT/ICT – Practical Exam
- Sixth Additional Subject: 40 Marks Board Exam and 60 Marks Practical, in case of FIT/ICT.
- Co-Scholastic Activities: No grade up-scaling based on co-scholastic activities.